Friday, November 30, 2007

The article The Children Use Technology Increasingly Young by Abu Murad stated that children, on average, are 6 years old when they start to frequently use technology in 2007. At this rate, children will assume the use of computers by age 4 and will be able to use MP3 players fluently by age 9. It also states that the use of technology is underestimated because of the fact that many gadgets are not included on the data which would cause the average age to decrease.

http:/ezinearticles.com/?The-Children-Use-Technology-Increasingly-Young&id=595896

This article was not all that informative. I choose to talk about it because it was interesting to read as it has been translated and much of the wording is off. For example, a MP3 player is referred to as a portable reader of numerical music or a digital camera is referred to as a numerical camera. It was just very interesting to read. You are able to understand the content even though it is translated. It was interesting to read how the age seems to be geting younger and younger. I can remember when I thought I was the greatest thing because I had this little portable radio that I got to take outside with me and listen to. I was like 7 or 8 years old. Just seems strange. My 8 year old niece is getting a MP3 player for christmas that is in the shape of a doll. It comes with clothes to change and you can by more accessories. She is also getting a Webkinz for Christmas. She already has a few of them. I guess you take care of them online. She's 8. At 8 years old I was playing Barbies and trucks and Star Wars. I didn't even know what a computer was. We did have an Atari that we got to play if the weather was bad and we couldn't go outside. That Atari still works and it is so much fun!

No comments: